Once you have purchased your Unstoppable Domain, there are many options available for building and hosting your website, depending on the features you want.
Hosting a d-website on IPFS is slightly different from hosting it on a centralized web server and you will need to ensure that your website is properly configured for the IPFS network. All IPFS websites must adhere to the following constraints:
All of the content for your website is contained in
directory, with an
index.htmlfile at the top level.
- All links within your source files are relative links.
You can build your static website using any tool or platform, as long as its output meets these requirements.
Here are a few options for creating your static site:
- Static website generators such as Mobirise and GoHugo
- Convert a Wordpress site to a static website with plugins like Simply Static or WP2Static and save for offline use.
- Build a website using an Unstoppable or IPFS Community Template
templates/unstoppable-domains directory you will find all of the templates available on the Unstoppable Domains website builder feature. In the
index.htmlfiles for each template directory you will find comments pointing to the items we use for updating in the website builder.
- The inline CSS styles are the options available to update in the website builder
- SVG Icons are inlined so that colors can be updated
|Author||Template||Available In Builder (y/n)|
|@caseykey||IPFS Music Player||n|
|@verymanley||Ambitious (opacity)||n (pending)|
|@iguessitsokay||Elipsis Portfolio||n (pending)|
The next step after building the site is to upload the entire website --as a single directory folder-- to IPFS. There are several ways to achieve this, so please review the guide on Uploading Your Site to IPFS.
You just built your static website and configured it for IPFS.