To make integrations easier, Unstoppable Domains provides developers with a free test domain. You can use any available domain ending for your free test domain (except .zil).
To distinguish these test domains from paid domains, all test domains are prefixed with
udtestdev-. For example:
To prevent abuse, we ask that developers cover the cost of minting and transferring these domains to their wallets. Unstoppable Domains does not make any money from issuing test domains.
Goerli faucet offers free money in the form of Ether tokens for domains minted on Goerli Testnet.
- Check that you have a wallet compatible with WalletConnect (e.g. Trust Wallet , MetaMask ).
- Ensure you have enough Ether on your Ethereum wallet to pay transaction fees, if you are not planning to use Goerli Testnet.
To calculate the transaction fee you'd like to target you can use services like ETH Gas Station. The average transaction gas usage to mint and transfer a new domains is around 180,000 gas.
- Go to Faucet Page: https://goerli-faucet.mudit.blog .
- Make a Twitter or Facebook post with your Ethereum address pasted anywhere in the contents of the post.
- Copy/paste the URL of the post to Goerli faucet to verify your identity.
- Click the Give Me Ether button.
- Open the domain request Smart Contract using Etherscan .
- To get a test domain on testnet, find the Smart Contract address in reference table .
- Connect your wallet.
for the domain in the
- Press the Write button to start the transaction.
- Sign the transaction.
If a transaction takes more gas than expected (more than 200,000 gas to call the claim method) or fails, that domain name may be already minted. Double check that it's available and contact us on Discord if you continue to have problems.
You're the new proud owner of a test domain on Etherscan. Happy hacking!